Saturday 10 August 2013

Garden Ornament

My inspiration for this week Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #92 Anything Goes came from decorating a pot of plant using the remaining die cuts from my necklace design two weeks ago.  For this challenge, I created the following garden ornament.
I made the main flower by layering three pieces of die cuts from the Italian Flourish Doily.   On top of the flower is the butterfly from one of the dies in the Small Exotic Butterflies 2 set.  I also cut some leaves from Pair of Ferns and Tropical Leaves sets. 
Behind the main rose are two small flowers, smallest flower on the left is cut from Manons Wedding Garland  while the flower on the right is cut using Stacker Flower #2 (the center piece is a trimmed using Scalloped Window Stackers XMC-5).

The top butterfly is from the Exotic Butterfly medium #2.

It is my hope that I can share some ideas on using the beautiful Cheery Lynn Designs dies beyond scrapbooking and cardmaking.  Below is a photo of the decorated plants that inspired this entry.  It was amazing how a few butterflies on this pot could spark series of conversations while it travelled to its new owner. 

Thank you for stopping by.  

XOXO 
Mee Foon

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Such creative (and beautiful!)use of your dies. I find your projects fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning you have such great imagination and creativity . Just BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely addition to your garden! Thank you so much for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.