Saturday 28 December 2013

More than just die cutting .....

This week I would like to share a mixed media project which I have entered in the Cheery Lynn Designs blog challenge #112 Anything Goes.   I made a shadow box to house a Christmas photo.



On top of using my beautiful dies to cut the intricate designs, I decided to create a stencil from it.   Using one of the beautiful snowflake die and I created a mask for my mixed media application.

I applied texture paste to the back and side of the box using the negative cut-out.  Below is the completed box.
Another close-up shot of the snowflakes.


Following are the dies I used for this project:

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful New Year.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that background is awesome, what a great ides. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a masterpiece you have created here....love the snowflake thing you did! I always love the 3d effect in a page, card or shadowbox! the flower cluster at the lower right corner is so pretty and the bling hanging on top is awesome! Thank you so much for playing with us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and good luck xox Amy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! Beautiful shadow box!!! Don't you just love Cheery Lynn Dies for Mixed Media!?!? I know I love making my own flowers and making masks and embedding diecuts into my work! Great job~ Thank you for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.